Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mission statement

In creating this blog, I am trying to motivate myself to be organized and maintain a record of my summer trip to Japan. As readers that know me already know, I am currently in Japan finishing up week one of a 10 week trip to Japan. The trip is not just for fun, I have recieved a fellowship from NSF and JSPS (Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science) to spend 8 weeks doing research at the Seto marine lab (which belongs to Kyoto University) with a Japanese scientest with a week of orientation at the begining. I am very bad about keeping up with things so I am trying with this blog to make sure that I keep track of everything I do and experience in Japan. This way I can keep everyone posted about what is going on in my life and I get a record of my whole trip. So hopefully I can keep up with it. I'm already a week behind, but I will try to fix that in the next 2 days. I'll do the best I can, anyway.

No comments: